Terms & Conditions
- ‘Mother Shipton’s’ refers to the legal trading entity Mother Shipton’s Ltd, which owns and runs all activities and events. ‘Mother Shipton’s’ and ‘Park’ may be used to refer to the attraction and associated land/grounds.
- ‘Ticket holder’ or ‘Visitor’ shall mean any person entering Mother Shipton’s for whatever reason, irrespective of whether they have purchased an entry ticket or event ticket.
- ‘Management’ and ‘Staff’ shall mean directors, employees and other representatives of Mother Shipton’s, as identified by their uniform.
- ‘Child’ shall mean a person under the age of 16.
- ‘Tickets’ shall mean entry tickets or event tickets.
Tickets and Refunds
- All tickets remain the property of Mother Shipton’s Ltd and are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if defaced or altered. Tickets cannot be sold, at any price, to any third party without the written prior permission of management.
- Tickets are only valid on the day of issue or, if purchased online in advance, for the date stated.
- Any exchange of tickets is only at the absolute discretion of management.
- The number and type of visitors entering the park must match the description on the ticket or booking. If re-entry into the park on the same day is required, you must ensure you have the correct coloured wristband displayed on re-entry.
- We cannot issue refunds for the reason of adverse weather conditions, whether tickets are purchased in advance or on the day. If the park is closed due to flooding or high winds, this will be posted on the website as early as possible. In this instance visitors should contact Mother Shipton’s directly on 01423 864600 to change the date of their visit. It is the visitor’s responsibility to check the website for up to date information before visiting.
- Tickets may be purchased online in advance. We operate a booking system in conjunction with DigiTickets. A booking reference will be sent via email; this reference, plus the name of the person who made the booking, must be provided on entry to the park.
- All queries for online bookings must be directed to email@example.com DigiTickets hold no authority to exchange tickets or offer refunds.
- Where tickets are purchased in advance proof of age may be requested on entry. If disabled, carer, or max card holder tickets are purchased, documentation must be provided on entry to the park or the full price will be payable.
- Tickets purchased online cannot be refunded or transferred.
- Mother Shipton’s accepts no liability for any loss or damage to individuals, vehicles, or personal property. Where the ticket holder is a child, all risk is assumed by their responsible adult.
- Management reserve the right to close, cancel, or alter the park and any activity or event, due to inclement weather, technical issues, or any other reason.
- Mother Shipton’s is not open every day. Opening dates and times are at the discretion of management and no visitor has the right to enter at any other time.
- Mother Shipton’s reserves the right to refuse admission or remove from the park (without refund) any visitor who:
- Behaves in a manner which, in the opinion of management, is likely to endanger or affect the enjoyment or other visitors.
- Uses lewd, threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to other visitors, management or staff.
- Does not follow written or verbal instructions.
- Behaves in a manner which may affect the health and safety of themselves, other visitors or staff. Where the visitor is part of a larger group, the whole group may be refused entry or removed from the park (without refund).
- Visitors must remain on designated footpaths and areas at all times.
- Any visitor found to be damaging property, contents or grounds within the park will pay for the cost of repairing that damage.
- Any person found engaged in criminal activity will be removed from the park and reported to the police.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the park (including e-cigarettes). Signs are clearly displayed throughout. Management reserve the right to remove anybody (without refund) in violation of this clause.
- Visitors park their vehicles at their own risk. Mother Shipton’s cannot guarantee the security of vehicles or their contents. No vehicles are allowed to remain in the car park outside of opening hours without the prior consent of management.
- For health and safety reasons we recommend that sensible clothing and footwear is worn at all times. Given the nature of the park some surfaces may be uneven and/or muddy.
- We accept no responsibility for lost property and reserve the right to dispose of any items found.
- Only persons authorised by Mother Shipton’s may carry out photography, filming or other forms of recording for anything other than personal use.
- All complaints must be addressed to management on the day of your visit. In the event that management is unable to resolve the complaint at the time, complaints should be directed to Mother Shipton’s Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your visit. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within 28 days of receipt.
- All decisions by management and staff are final and binding.
- Should you choose to share your photo, video or other media with us via the website or any social media platform, you guarantee that you have all required permissions, including from copyright and any other intellectual rights. You agree that Mother Shipton’s may use and/or share such photos, video or other media on any platform.
- Mother Shipton’s accepts no responsibility for the supervision of children. This is the sole responsibility of the accompanying responsible adult/s. If management deem the supervision to be insufficient or not in accordance with park guidelines, we reserve the right to escort the entire group from the park.
- It is solely the decision of the responsible adult to decide wether an activity or piece of equipment is suitable for an individual child. Mother Shipton’s accepts no responsibility for that decision.
- All event tickets are subject to the same terms and conditions as outlined above.
- You must not touch anything inside the attraction. This includes property, sets, effects and actors.
- Mother Shipton’s will endeavour to ensure that all advertised features of the attraction or event are available. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, cancel or suspend any feature of the event/attraction due to inclement weather, or to ensure safety, security or order.
- We are not obliged to refund ticket sales under any circumstances.
This website and its contents are the copyright of Mother Shipton’s Ltd. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, without our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or form of electronic retrieval system.